Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My everyday action that I decided to perform was washing my face. I wash my face every morning and every evening before going to bed. This action is always done in a bathroom, a private location. However I have decided to perform this action on UCSB campus. I did this in front of the print lab across from Storke Tower. I wanted people who were walking by to be able to see me so thats why I decided to stay on the walking path side and not the bike path side. I brought face wash wipes and slowly began taking all my makeup off. After each wipe my true skin began to appear. My idea was about not conforming to what the standards might be. To basically except who you are and be happy with yourself. 



By performing this in a public location I know people noticed me and saw what I was doing but kept walking. I think to be more effective I should maybe have a sign that says something. Maybe a quote about inner beauty and acceptance of others or something along those lines. I was nervous to be in public doing this so I never made any really eye contact with the passerby's so I hope I was effective with performing my work. It took two face wash clothes to take off my makeup and let my true skin shine through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment