Tuesday, April 19, 2011

confessions day 1

There was so many people that had great works of art today. I could tell that there confessions had been worked with a lot to get them to were they were. Erika Frost piece was perfect. Everything about it was very captivating. It brought back a lot of my own memories of childhood. I think everyone has a time in their life were they want to understand what family really is. Seeing who other people grow up makes a person question their own up bringing. I loved the construction of the book. The book being over sized with large pages and big font gave it a childlike appearance but the large vocabulary that was used made it known that this was not a child's book. The confession was so touching. I really enjoyed who she had us sit on the floor it furthered the childhood memories.

The piece that I thought needed more work on was Darcey's shuffle piece. I loved that she danced in the beginning and started with the ballerina moves then went into shuffling. I understood her confession. I think that because we were short on time she was not able to further tell us more about her passion for different types of dance and how this new form of dance has made a huge impact on her life. I still thought it was a great piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment