Wednesday, April 20, 2011

free form

So I have been working on this art project for my Print 14 class which is beginning print making.  I had to make a linoleum block and cut out an image/ design and then I had to also make a another block by a using polymer plate with Rubylith. I was very excited about taking this class because of the assignments that would be forcing me to try new things. I have never taken a print class so at times the class is a challenge for me but that s what I like most. It forces me out of my comfort zone.

So my project for this assignment made me brain storm a lot about what I wanted to do. I knew that I wanted to have something that was good enough to put in my portfolio. So I took the idea of idealization of people and translated that from two different aspect and merged the ideas together. I took the religious image of Our Lady Of Guadalupe and merged it with the a photo of Frida Kahlo. So I took very iconic images that are recognizable throughout the world and created a new image. I elevated Frida Kahlo to what Our Lady of Guadalupe symbolizes for so many people, a consent mother to all.



I am not done with my project but I will post images of my work as soon as I am not making the prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment