Wednesday, April 13, 2011

most proud moment after creating favorite work of art

My most proudest moment with one of my pieces of work was in my intermediate drawing class. This portrait I did of my self took me out of my comfort zone. I usually worked on a smaller level but for this project I went large. I stretched out a piece of 36x24 paper began to construct my placement of images. I first drew the lower image and felt like i was not going large enough so I erased it but left a little bit of the graphite on the paper so that I created an over lapping effect of the exact image. I placed the tree in the top left corner to represent my great grandmother who helped raise me. Behind the branches of the tree I drew a portrait of my great grandmother that I took from a picture of her from 1945. The roots of the tree come forward and reach out into my hair and becomes one with me. I was trying to get across this idea about you do not know were you are going until you know were you have been. I used this project to try new methods of drawing. I drew this with large graphite sticks and drew standing up on an easel. I forced myself to use different drawing strokes and tools. I am very proud of this project because I tried new things with this medium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment