Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Confessions day 3

Everyone did an amazing job today. I could tell that they used the extra weekend to amp up their projects a lot. I really enjoyed Eddy's piece a lot. The craftsmanship was well done considering he has never done stained glass before. I like his universal approach to have the confession being able to relate to everyone, male and female. I thought that The imagery was well done, not to forward but enough information to help me get to the confession being told. He tied in a the major characteristics of the Catholic religion into each of his panels. I am glad that the middle panel was very structured with lines unlike the other two panels.

Ashley's piece was very well done too. I liked her idea and the beautiful words she wrote as her performance piece. However, I feel that it would have been more effective if she would of had it memorized. I have recently taken Kip's spoken word class and memorizing the piece helps connect you to the audience. It would of had maybe even more emotions with it because she would have been making eye contact with the audience. I feel that it would of made it stronger and I would felt more pulled into her performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment