Sunday, May 15, 2011

pick identity

I have  not talked to Catie since last class but I thought our joint jersey shore idea would be great. However since I have not talked o her I came up with another idea which is to be a chola. I would dress, talk and act like a chola. I would in body every aspect that I have grown up knowing about the chola identity. I grew up around a lot of Mexican culture and I saw the low rider and gang lifestyles affect the people in my family.At the same time these images that our in my mind have in a way become a part of pop culture.
I will have the lip liner and drawn on eyebrows to start my look. I will wear very large hoop earrings. These simple little aspects are key to the chola look. I will wear a plaid shirt with khaki pants or jeans. I will make sure to have my gold cross around my neck as well to represent the religious aspect the is apart of the Mexican culture. I think this will be very interesting because most people see me and do not think I speak English so when they see me with all this make up and my identity completely changed they really wont know what to say to me. I want to make people question how they judge people.


Movies had been made about this lifestyle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment