Wednesday, May 18, 2011

free form

My last print project was just assigned with the parameters to the assignments. I really need to take this project and push myself more. I know I need to take risks with this assignment but I am just afraid that I will take these risks but then take it to far and have to much cohos going on within my prints. Just sometimes simplicity is best but my professor thinks I need to take this project further then my last.

I have figured out my image and design and my concept behind each print. I will be making an addition of 10 prints maybe more. I will be carving a linoleum block and have a polymer plate as will. My concept will allow me to do a reduction print. On top of that reduction print I will place another print on top. This print on top will be text. I will bring in previous plates that I have made at the beginning of this class.

I want to make this project amazing since it will be in the art show at the end of the quarter but money is really tight for me right now. Unlike most of the students that attend UCSB and their parents pay for their schooling and other expenses I am not that student. I pay for college on my own. I had to get a loan. And I would get a job and go to school at the same time but with art projects it is to hard to work and create good quality work that I could maybe put in my portfolio. Being an art major is not cheap but I would not change my major no matter what so I guess I will be eating 25cent top ramen so I can by the supplies I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment