Monday, May 2, 2011

Kip's lecture on Spoken Word

I really enjoyed today's lecture. I took Spoken Word last quarter with Kip and it was an awesome experience.  This class taught me more about myself then I ever new. I signed up for this class not really knowing or understanding what spoken word was all about. I knew it was poetry but I did not realize how much of a performance was involved in this art expression. I took this class to become more confident with talking in front of people. I am a really shy person and I figured this way would force me out of my comfort zone.

I came out of this class as a more independent and confident person. This class made me look at other aspects of my life to gain inspiration from. I never thought I could make art in the way. This class has trained me to speak in front of people. I am not scared when I have art critiques anymore. However I still want to take this class again because I feel like I can expand more and reach new limits with this art form. I enjoyed Beau's performance. He has really perfected it. I was able to see Saul Williams perform last quarter as well and that made me realize how this art form can take many different directions to reach the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment