Monday, May 30, 2011

Fri- Free Form

So I really want to learn how to make traditional Mexican food. I know how to cook way more then just cup a noodles for a college student but I really want to learn how to make authentic and very traditional food. I feel that my grandmother has always cooked the best meals but I never took the time to know how she does it. So this summer I am going to learn how to cook traditional Mexican food and my boyfriends mother is going to teach me. I think this will be a great way for me to learn how to cook and to learn Spanish better. My Spanish is really weak right now because I am always speaking English. My boyfriends family only speaks Spanish in the house so whenever I am over their it forces me to practice and the more I am their the better my vocabulary becomes as well. I want to learn how to make tamales. It is a long process that takes a lot of prep work . But I want to be able to make them for Christmas this year. I also want to learn how to make salsa verde. I learned last year how to make mango salsa and it is a huge hit at my house now. I just want to feel a little closer to my grandmother by being able to cook all the amazing foods she did for me when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment