Tuesday, May 10, 2011

my other classes

This quarter is going good but I am totally ready for summer. I have Art 14 which is beginning printmaking. I am enjoying this class a lot. I have never done any type of printmaking before so this was a fresh new way for me to develop my art work with a new medium. I have just finished my latest project for it. I did not take any pictures but tomorrow in class I will so that I can post on my blog. My project was based on a pictures that I had taken when I was in Mexico. My image that I transferred from a photograph become darker with the high black and white contrast.

My other class I am taking is an Art History class on Peru civilizations. Which I love because I have always been interested in the Pre-Colombian civilizations of South America. They have so many beautiful ways of expressing their culture. From textiles and wall carvings these cultures were very advanced. The ceramics show the many beautiful metaphors that they believed in. The way they viewed the earth as a being to respect and honor and give sacrifices to to shows their deep appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment