Sunday, May 8, 2011

personal spac

I think I will do the glow in the dark chalk performance. I think this was the best one I came up with it. It will be interactive which is the best part about it. I really wanted to do something that engaged more with my audience and this will allow me to do that. Chalk is a non hazardous material that will wash away. I will be purchasing my chalk on Tuesday so that I know for sure or not that this will get approved.

I decided to do this in an area that will have enough traffic coming by to get participants and viewers all at the same time. So my location is still in front of the UCEN. There is a bigger walk way there that will allow viewers to stand to the side and not block the flow of traffic. I want to use the glow in the dark so that the art work can still be appreciated at night and it will have a different affect on the viewer. I picked chalk because it reminds me of my childhood. Sitting out on the sidewalk of my house on a hot summer day and being creative with the other neighborhood kids. This evokes peoples childhood memories and i figured it would be more inviting to get participants too.

No comments:

Post a Comment