Wednesday, June 1, 2011

wed.- free form!

So today was my last day of class for print 14. I completely fell in love with print making this quarter. I am taking intermediate next quarter in the fall and I cant wait to push my projects to the next level. I was very happy with my final project. I spent a lot of time working my idea out. I did a reduction block of six runs through the press machine. I made a total of fifteen prints. I also made a small series of the same image on black paper of just six prints. My final project made  me push myself a lot because i used color within my prints. All quarter I had stuck to using just black and very limited amounts of color. I am really glad I took that risk. I also forced myself to do a reduction block. Which means that at the end of the process my block was completely carved out. I was so scared to do this because when you make a mistake you cant go back to fix it.
My professor really liked my work. I cant wait to explore more themes next quarter and techniques. The print class and paper making class is having a show this friday at 5pm :)

No comments:

Post a Comment